Skip to main content

The Day Horus’ Heart Turned Pink//October 184th, 2020

The residents of the Pumpkin Patch were all quite confused, the day they found a wandering tiny ghost with a pink heart on its chest.


For this had to be Horus, but Horus had always had an orange heart on his chest, and a much more inquisitive, curious nature.

“Don’t you remember how we always matched?” Penderghast, the ghost poppet, asked him.


But the little ghost didn’t.

“Surely you remember how we ran around Sleepy Hollow, taking pictures of the ghosts that matched you in the shop windows?” Lauretta inquired.



But the little ghost didn’t.

It was becoming more and more evident that something must’ve happened to Horus. His physical appearance had changed, and he’d clearly lost his memory.

As a panic started to settle in among the residents of the Pumpkin Patch, suddenly, they heard a voice.

“”I can’t believe I accidentally temporarily banished myself! I’m never touching those Tarot cards again! Oh...I see you’ve met my sister,” said Horus.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Saw The Great Pumpkin Out For A Stroll//October 233rd, 2025

  The most amazing thing happened to me, on a Saturday afternoon.  The date was August 30th, just two days before Labor Day; the start of September, and, thankfully, the unofficial (but official, in my book) end of summer.  I wound up at a local toy shop, coming away with some tiny plushies. (Two of them Christmas themed, ironically, as I am working toward finding the magic in all things once more .) As I exited the store, something caught my eye beyond the fence leading to the next residential street.  A very tall pumpkin man seemed to be walking toward a house. My mind snapped back to when I was six years old, the very first time the Great Pumpkin came to visit me. How I'd heard him in the night, a candle rattling around in his head as he did his work, ensuring the happiest of Halloweens for the truest of believers. How special it felt to know I was one of his Chosen.  I'd always hoped to thank him one day. I quietly tiptoed around the fence, out into the narr...

I'm Not So Sure About This Social Media Thing//October 94th, 2026

 I started this blog six years ago on New Year's Day. I had been through some major life changes in 2018/2019, and really found myself along the way. I felt as though I really had cemented a place for myself within the Halloween community on social media, and often, when I would caption my posts on Instagram with snippets of memories, or a specific feeling that maybe not many others could understand, I would get comments and messages from new friends and followers, complimenting the way I wrote, sometimes even asking for more, and so, the idea to start a blog again was born, and, silly as it may sound, I am very proud that I've managed to stick with it as long as I have. Long work hours, personal problems, bouts of anxiety and depression....none of that has ever fully stopped me from coming back and doing what I love.  But, lately, I have been feeling a little off about social media in general, and that's something I really would like to talk about, as I feel it taking a to...

Welcome Back//October 358th, 2025

  I went for my first walk in ages tonight.  The last real walk I remember going on, was a December morning, when Halloween was being discarded.  I remember seeing pumpkins by garbage cans, empty spaces where ghosts once flew.  The ghosts of ghosts, you might say.  The world hasn't looked the same, since then. But now, now it is autumn. It is that magical time when September shifts into almost-October; goes from being my birthday month to almost-Halloween.  I walk tonight, and I see the beginnings.  Not everyone has decorated yet, but it is starting. The world is beginning to look like a place I recognize once more, and old friends are appearing on lawns or in doorways, or peering down at me from windows.   I'm not sure if I'm waking up from a dream, or have fallen back to sleep.  But whatever it is, it feels good. The best I have felt in a long time. "Welcome back," I say to the decorations, and to autumn and Halloween, and to myself. "It fe...